Browse this article for solutions to common Windows installation and launch issues.
The Agora Launcher says “Updating Process Failed”.
- Double check that your internet is connected and working.
- If you are using a work computer with IT security managed by your company or are on an IT managed company internet network, you may run into issues. The easiest solution would be to use a personal computer and/or non-IT managed network.
- Submit a support ticket (upper right of our help FAQ).
Sometimes you’ll get this error if our servers are down, which should only happen during server maintenance (which we try to do at pre-scheduled times late at night).
The Agora Launcher gets stuck at 100% downloaded.
- Don’t close the Agora Launcher. The 100% means all the files have been downloaded to your computer, but it then can take a few minutes to change the files on your computer to the newest version ones. If you wait, the update process should finish and the Agora app will launch automatically.
Other Potential Solutions:
- If you’ve waited 10 minutes and the Agora Launcher is still stuck at 100%, turn on hidden files in your Windows explorer and navigate to C:/Users/[username]/AppData/Local/Agora.
Delete that Agora folder and try to re-install and relaunch Agora. It’s possible that somehow during install or during the Agora Launcher updating files something got corrupted.
Windows says not to trust this program.
Agora World, Inc. is a registered Windows developer. If you are receiving this notification, you are probably using an old version of the Agora Launcher.
Please follow the directions on the Download and Install Help Center article for a successful installation.
If using a work computer or on a network managed by company IT, getting Agora to work can be tricky. If you’re using an IT managed work computer or on an IT network, at this time we recommend using a personal computer on a non-IT-managed network if that option is possible.
If it isn’t possible, theoretically your IT department needs to white-label our app as trustworthy to get it to work. Here is more technical information to provide your IT department if attempting white-listing:
The Agora Installer creates a folder in C:/Users/[username]/AppData/Local/
Into this folder is placed the Agora Launcher.exe with the files it needs to work. When you run Agora Launcher.exe two folder are created in the same directory named “Game” and “Logs”. The Launcher then checks our remote Amazon S3 bucket for the most updated files and downloads them into those folders. On subsequent launches, patches are applied in the same manner.
When the download is finished, the Agora.exe file located in the “Game” folder will be launched automatically. The Agora app will check if the Agora Launcher needs any updates and download+apply them to the Agora Launcher if necessary. Then the Agora app will show a login screen. Once a user logs in (which communicates with our web server API, hosted on Azure), then you’ll be prompted to either create or join an event.
When you join an event, any image and JSON files needed for that event will be downloaded into C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Agora World, Inc_\Agora folders. Then you will join into a realtime-networked instance using the Photon multiplayer service, which transmits UDP updates many times a second to the Photon servers, then on to other users in your instance, and their data transmits to you in the same manner.
Agora requires an internet connection and ~750MB of space, so make sure your internet is connected and working and you have at least 4GB of space on your computer.